Copier machines are now a growing necessity in the business world. As hard as it is to admit, some starting businesses do not have enough financial resources to avail and buy a copier machine in an instant. This does not mean that they can’t get the services they need. Good thing that copier leasing and copier leasing services are now easily accessible around the world. Copier leasing in Portland offers you premium services without straining your budgets. They offer a wide range of the latest photocopiers and printers in the market. Copier leasing is now the wise choice that you should make. You can easily monitor your cost per print and make your workflow more efficient and productive. Aside from that copier leasing services in Portland assure you that business would stay productive even if your copier faced repairs.
If you are looking for a copier in Portland, you can contact Portland (971) 242-4130. You can ask about Copier Lease in Portland, copier rental in Portland, IT Services Portland, and even Copier Repair in Portland.
You may be thinking of availing a printer or a copier but you are thinking hard on what to choose. Are photocopiers and laser printers just the same? What is the difference between the two? What should I buy? In this article we will be giving you the difference between the two to help you choose what to buy and what suits your needs.
Difference Between a Photocopier and Laser Printer
A photocopier and a laser printer may be confused as one since they share a lot of commonalities. Both the photocopier and laser printer use the process known as xerography. Xerography is the copying process where the powder sticks to a surface that is electrically charged after being exposed to light from an image or text that is being copied. In this list, you will be informed of the difference between a photocopier and laser printer.
- The main difference between a photocopier and a laser printer is their photosensitive drum that is responsible for the image or text formation.
- A laser printer uses a low power laser beam to scan one line of a document at a time. Most of the modern laser printers also use infrared laser diodes when printing. On the other hand, photocopiers use high power light and lenses to focus on the whole document and produce a copy of the original one. These lenses are often adjusted depending on the magnification that your image or text requires.
- Photocopiers and laser printers can both print, scan and copy but laser printers have advanced security systems and the latest mobile printing option that lets you perform tasks anytime and anywhere.
- Laser printers have higher hard disk memory than photocopiers.
- In photocopiers if you want to scan and produce a lot of copy, you have to repeat the process of scanning it again and again. In laser printers in just a few clicks and in just one process, you can produce hundreds of copies.
- Unlike in photocopiers, printing in laser printers is more convenient. You can digitally adjust, rotate and edit the document in laser printers.
- Laser printers are set up in a way that the toner is drawn to the exposed portion of the photosensitive drum resulting in a negative image while in photocopiers; it is set up in a way that the toner is drawn to the unexposed portion of the photosensitive drum resulting in a positive image. In simpler terms, laser printers use the negative process and the photocopiers use the positive process.
Copier leasing and copier leasing services give you the utmost convenience for your business and your business’ needs. Copier leasing in Portland gives you the freedom to choose and upgrade your copier after every copier lease. You don’t have to worry about additional fees and charges because copier leasing services in Portland are included in your copier lease contract. You can try calling them now for free. Their demo trial is also free so there is nothing to lose.